Sunday, June 5, 2011

Two Left Feet & The Belle of the Ball


Dear Sappho,
My lover is a great dancer and wants to go out dancing every weekend. She can swing, shimmy, waltz, jitterbug and line dance. She is the belle of the ball. I on the other hand have two left feet. I am embarrassed to be dancing in front of other people and it doesn’t really help that all eyes on my girlfriend. They must notice how bad I am in comparison, plus, she  prances me all over the dance floor like I’m her pretty pony and in truth I am more butch than she is. I want to hide. It’s beginning to cast a strain on our social live. Do you have any suggestions for a reasonable compromise that could solve this growing problem?

Two Left Feet

1 comment:

  1. Dear Two Left Feet

    I do have one suggestion and one compromise that I find reasonable. First you can take dance lessons for at least 8-10 weeks, by yourself and surprise her with the results at the end. Second, a compromise, suggest to her that she also take classes in something you love that she is not proficient in.

    However, even if she doesn’t take lessons you should still take dance lessons by yourself and learn the basics. At the very least she will know you tried and that you care. Who knows you may find that you love it. A long happy life of dancing with your partner will not only provide health benefits it may improve your romance as well. Remember the Graces love to see women dancing, but only if they leave their ego out and dance with joy. May the music move you and the Graces guide you...

    Love Sappho

    ReplyDelete